See the Reef in style onboard the Galaxy I. First impressions of Galaxy I are of lovely lines, polished timbers and chrome. Custom-built by Precision Marine, she has a cruising speed of 12 knots and a range of 1175km which makes Galaxy I perfect for exploring the multitude of different reefs and islands that make up the extraordinary Great Barrier Reef. Choose from set itineraries for Day Charters or Overnight Charters or create your own personalised itinerary.
Designed with the comfort of her passengers in mind, Galaxy I has been fitted with Niad stabilisers to ensure her capability in the seas of Tropical North Queensland. Interior highlights are of rich textures and materials intended to accompany features that have been specifically designed to embrace the environment of the Tropical North.
All interior areas are air conditioned and the rear saloon deck can be enclosed for air conditioning as well. Flat screen TVs, DVD players with a full library, and a surround sound stereo system ensure that creature comforts are never far away.
Galaxy I is fitted with the latest in technology in terms of navigation and communications and is fully equipped for safely cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Her 60hp tender will ensure access to all areas.
- Precision Marine single hull motor yacht
- Bulit 1997. Major refit 2006
- Length: 26 metres
- Beam: 6.1 metres
- Draught: 1.9 metres
- Displacement: 71 tonnes
- 2 x Detroit V16 92 1450hp marine engines
- 12 knots cruising speed. Max 23 knots.
- 13500 litre fuel capacity
- 1175 kilometre range at 12 knots
- Niad stabiliser controls
- Raytheon communication and navigation electronics
- 2 x Sea Wasp 40kva Generators
- Other onboard systems: Raritan Waste Management, Wormald Fire System, Concept Security
- 3000 litres fresh water capacity
- Water sports equipment includes 1500cc Seadoo, snorkelling equipment, sea biscuit, 2 x sea kayaks, SCUBA on request.
- Guest accommodation: 1 x master stateroom with king size bed and ensuite, 2 x twin staterooms each with own ensuite
- 2 x crew cabins for 6 crew
- Sharp entertainment system including Ipod docking station
- Marine Air air-conditioning
- 3.6 metre 60hp Swift RIB tender
- Safety equipment including Zoll Defibrillator and Oxygen equipment
For more information and bookings, please contact the Cairns Private Apartments team who are always happy to offer help and advice.